End Year Note From the Chair on 2016
2016 may go down in history as a watershed year! Its hard to look back without a sense that
we have lived through a remarkable year - for good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Only time will tell.…... Windsor Humanists had a great 2016
despite all the turmoil. We met every month:-
- We had 6 Speaker Events (3 by BHA Speakers) -
- Our best attended and most lively event was the EU Debate.
- We had two joint sessions with the Slough Faith Partnership - the Dialogue Discussion led by Jeremy Rodell from the BHA and our second lively Debate on
- John and David represented us at the BHA Group Workshop in September.
- Roger, Caroline and myself had various opportunities to speak at local Schools.
- We also had two Summer Socials which were two of the best attended events of the year.
- In November we were invited by the Maidnehead, Windsor and Slough Observers to write their short ‘Thought for the Week’. This is a first for Humanism in
the local area. The Article is attached below.
- We continue to raise our local profile both in the local papers and schools in 2017 and cement our links with Slough Faith Partnership (SFP).
- We have also now linked up with the Windsor and Maidenhead Community Forum (WAMCF) who are keen to develop links with Humanism in the local area and have a
series of Dialogue Events in the first quarter of 2017. You can find more details on their website for dates, venues, subjects for discussion and to book yourself into a session.
It would be good if we could get Windsor Humanists represented at these discussions to add the voice of the non religious.